Back to Class News
July 22, 2005
Peter Johnson AES class of 1978 firstname.lastname@example.org
"From just outside the dim glow of the shrouded campfire", greetings
you guys doing'?
Peter Johnson, class of '78 (graduated somewhere else). There have
a lot of pivotal moments in my life and certainly times when I wished I
zigged instead of zagged. Generally speaking my life has turned out
good...zigging and zagging aside. Of all my experiences, my time in
and with those I shared an orbit with from roughly 74 through 76,
a lightening rod for the development of a consciousness that has shaped
entirely but significantly) who I am as a person, the way I feel about
my place in the world and my role as a citizen in it.
Despite the fact that the previous passage was completely sincere and
accurately reflects my feelings about India and AES...ENOUGH OF THAT
In short, I loved AES, I loved the people I shared my life with there
despite my shortcomings and tendencies at times to be a little s---
once in a while. You guys help me overcome that (smiles to John
In bullet form this is what has been happening with me:
- Graduated from Northern Nash Senior High in Rocky Mount, North Carolina,
- Went into the Army from 78-81 (82nd Airborne Division - Fort Bragg, NC).
- Embarked on the 7 year plan to get my undergraduate degree from Appalachian State Univ in 1988 (Boone, NC).
- Did my best impersonation of "Peter Pan" from 1989 to 1991
(In Chapel Hill, NC).
- Got married to first wife and went to graduate school in
1991 (Augusta, GA and Athens, GA). She was an Army Nurse.
- Finished Grad school in 93 from the Univ of Georgia with a Master's in Social Work (the marriage lasted 11 months - ended in 92).
- Went back into the Army on active duty in 93 as a social worker (Fort Campbell, Kentucky).
- Got deployed to Haiti in 95 as part of the UN mission there (I had a blast and learned so much).
- Went to work at the Max security military prison in Leavenworth, Kansas,
96 - 99.
- After 9 years active duty Army went to the Air force in 99. Got assigned to Offutt AFB in Bellevue, Nebraska.
Oh yeah...got married again in '94 (Again to an Army Nurse)
we had a daughter together in 97 (Her name is Rhiannon)
got divorced in '01 (growing pains).
- Left that assignment (Offutt) and I am currently assigned to Lackland AFB (in San Antonio, Texas).
- I am about to transfer to another job in...wait for it...England next month. I'll be there for 3 years (I'll be situated in East Anglia Area and probably live near Cambridge).
Oh yeah I got married again in July 2004 (another nurse but civilian this time)
I think I got it right this time (none of it had to with the nurse thing either).
That is it in a nutshell. My email address will change to
email@example.com as I get rid of road runner. I would love to
from people so drop me a line
Peter A. Johnson, Capt, USAF, BSC, LMSW, BCD
Social Work Flight
Lackland Air Force Base